Apple Launches Mac Pro Sales in the U.S., Maxes Out at Nearly $70,000 CAD [u]
Apple has launched its Mac Pro in the United States and its build-to-order options have been revealed. A maxed-out Mac Pro costs $52,748 USD and the conversion to Canadian dollars works out close to a staggering $70,000 CAD.
A base Mac Pro costs $5,999 USD, but tacking on the following hardware upgrades makes for the ultimate machine for pros:
- 2.5GHz 28?core Intel Xeon W processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.4GHz (+$7000 USD)
- 1.5TB (12x128GB) of DDR4 ECC memory (+$25,000)
- Two Radeon Pro Vega II Duo with 2x32GB of HBM2 memory each (+$10,800 USD)
- 4TB SSD storage (+$1400 USD)
- Apple Afterburner card (+$2,000 USD)
- Stainless steel frame with wheels (+$400 USD!!)
- Magic Mouse 2 + Magic Trackpad 2 (+$248 USD)
If you want Final Cut Pro X and Logic Pro X, tack on another $498 USD and that will easily put you over $70,000 CAD.
Coming soon upgrades and buying options:
- Radeon Pro W5700X with 16GB of GDDR6 memory
- Two Radeon Pro W5700X with 16GB of GDDR6 memory each
- 8TB SSD storage
- Mac Pro Rack: $6,499 USD
At this maxed out price, you may want to check your Apple Watch for some irregular heart rate alerts after checking out and paying for this machine. This price doesn’t even include the Pro Display XDR, which starts at $4,999 USD.
We’ve reached out to Apple Canada for comment on when Canadians can drop some coin on the new Mac Pro and will update this post once we hear back.