Twitter Blue Now Lets You Edit Tweets Beyond 30 Minutes
The Twitter Blue subscription service offers a variety of extra perks and the newest is the ability to edit tweets far later into the future than before.
Previously, Twitter Blue would give you the chance to edit tweets within 30 minutes. But now, you have up to 1 hour to edit tweets, double the timeframe compared to before. Twitter made the announcement on Tuesday evening.
Twitter Blue includes the following features and costs $10 CAD/month or $105 CAD per year on the web, and $15/month on iOS and Android:
- Edit Tweet: Enables you to amend your published tweets within a 30-minute window.
- Half Ads: Allows you to see approximately 50% fewer ads in your For You and Following timelines.
- Prioritized Rankings: Gives a small boost to your interactions and ranks your replies closer to the top.
- Longer Tweets: Permits you to tweet up to 10,000 characters, a feature exclusive to Blue subscribers.
- Text Formatting: Provides the ability to bold and italicize text in your tweets.
- Bookmark Folders: Allows you to group and organize bookmarked tweets into folders for easier access.
- Custom App Icons: Lets you personalize your Twitter App icon display on your phone.
- Custom Navigation: Lets you customize your navigation bar for quick access to preferred content.
- Spaces Tab: Offers a new interface for easier access to audio content, currently in testing phase.
- Top Articles: Automatically lists the most-shared articles from people in your network.
- Reader: Transforms long threads into a cleaner and more pleasing reading experience.
- Undo Tweet: Gives you a chance to retract a Tweet before it’s visible to others on Twitter.
- Longer Video Upload: Allows you to upload videos up to 2 hours long and up to 8GB file size.
- Themes: Provides colourful options to customize your app theme.
- NFT Profile Pictures: Lets you show off your owned NFTs as your profile picture on your Twitter account.
- SMS Two-Factor Authentication: Adds another layer of account protection with access to two-factor authentication via SMS.
Recent additions include longer video uploads of up to 2 hours long and up to 8GB in file size.
With up to 1 hour to edit tweets, that gives users even more time to go back to edit mistakes or add to their original tweet.