App Store Launches ‘Made in Canada’ Series, Vancouver First Debut City
Apple has launched today a dedicated “Made in Canada” series to showcase apps and games from talented developers. The new series begins out west with Vancouver, highlighting apps produced in British Columbia’s largest city. The theme of the app series looks to coincide with Canada’s upcoming 150th birthday.
Apple’s description of their Vancouver section reads:
Much more than majestic mountains, ocean sunsets, and cosmopolitan charm, Vancouver is a hotbed of Canadian innovation and imagination. Gaming giant Electronic Arts puts the soccer pitch in our pockets, Plenty of Fish helps us find love, and a host of other West Coast trailblazers work to make our lives healthy, productive, and fun.
Some notable apps featured include, according to Apple:
- Electronic Arts: FIFA Mobile Football
- PlentyofFish: POF
- Hootsuite Media: Hootsuite
- Klei Entertainment: Don’t Starve: Shipwrecked and Invisible
- Leaping Coyote Interactive: RunGo
- Koho Financial: Koho
- RAC7 Games: Splitter Critters
- Rosetta Stone Canada: Fit Brains Trainer
- Trader Corporation: Autotrader.ca
- NEXON M Inc.: Oz: Broken Kingdom
- Zenvoice Inc.: Invoice Simple
Click here to visit the Vancouver section in the App Store.