Square Enix has released the first update for Chrono Trigger for iOS in over two years, bringing new features and a 50% off sale.
The classic role-playing game Chrono Trigger first launched on the Super Nintendo back in 1995 and made its way to iOS back in 2011, offering a chance at nostalgia for fans of the game.
Today’s update brings the following features to Chrono Trigger:
- Full-screen now available: Up to 21:9 ratio full-screen display
- Improved directional pad controls
- Improved directional pad design to make it easier to see
- An exclamation point will now display for an interaction prompt such as ‘Talk’
- Changed the size of the target marking dungeon entrances, etc. to make them easier to see
- Improved the event areas to make it easier to clear when using touch controls
- Small additional control adjustments
- Battle Speed for Auto Battles increased by x1.5
- Automatically continue with Auto Battle selected for the next battle
- Battle Speed adjustment possible from ‘Menu’
- Available save slots increased to 20 slots
- “Extras” mode that allows you to view the following freely: Movies, Illustrations, Sound, and Ending Log
- Small bugs have been fixed
Check out the original launch trailer for Chrono Trigger on iOS below:
On top of this major update, Chrono Trigger is on sale for 50% off at $13.99 CAD—you can download it here from the App Store.