Encyclopedia Britannica For iPhone & iPad Released, Now Available In App Store
As noted by folks at iDB, the popular Encyclopedia Britannica has just gone digital with its first app coming out for iPhone, iPod and iPad. The iOS app, which is now available for download in the App Store, marks the return of Encyclopedia Britannica which ceased production of its multi-volume book after releasing the last set in 2010. The app, which is available as a universal binary for iPhone and iPad, boasts a user friendly interface featuring over 80,000 articles illustrated with photographs, diagrams, and charts. To get full access, users need to subscribe for $1.99 per month.
Here is the complete iTunes description:
The complete Encyclopaedia Britannica – the world’s most trusted reference source, enhanced for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch.
“Especially for students, or anyone who values what Britannica has to offer, I found the new Britannica iPad app to be a pleasing, easy way to navigate through a large body of knowledge.”
– Walt Mossberg, All Things Digital
*Search & Browse:
Over 80,000 articles – expertly written and thoroughly fact-checked – on everything from A-Rod to Zebras. Our contributors include over 100 Nobel Laureates plus subject gurus like Bill Clinton, Tony Hawk, and Desmond Tutu.
Photographs, diagrams, and charts help bring each topic to life.
“LinkMap” lets you explore each article with a dynamic view of related topics.
“My Britannica” keeps track of your favorite articles and more.
Free to download. Unlimited content available for a $1.99 monthly subscription:
– Length of subscription: 1 Month
– Price of subscription: $1.99
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user s Account Settings after purchase
– No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.”