If you’re a fan of The Oatmeal, then you probably are aware of Exploding Kittens, a boardgame created by the comic’s founder Matthew Inman, plus his friends Shane Small (Xbox, Marvel) and Elan Lee (Xbox, ARGs).
The boardgame became the most-funded game in Kickstarter history, raising $8.78 million last February from nearly 220,000 backers. Exploding Kittens launched on iOS today, and right now a promo offers free in-app purchases for a limited time (Party Expansion Pack; Animals/Food Avatar Packs) . This bonus has now boosted the app to the Top Paid app spot in Canada in less than a day.
– Exploding Kittens is a local multiplayer card game for people who are into kittens and explosions and laser beams and sometimes goats.
– Play with 2 to 5 players across multiple phones in the same room
– All art illustrated by The Oatmeal
– New cards exclusive to the digital version of Exploding Kittens
– The digital version of the most backed game in Kickstarter history
Here’s a video demo of how to play the game, plus the iOS promo video as well (you have to love Inman’s animations):
Click here to download Exploding Kittens for iOS in the App Store—it’s $2.79 CAD (App Store prices have already increased as previously announced by Apple; #sadpanda).