ARKit-Based IKEA Place for iOS Now Available: Virtual Decorate Your Home
Back in June, Apple and IKEA announced the latter would be developing an augmented reality (AR) furniture shopping app, built upon the iPhone maker’s ARKit framework.
The new app is finally available, called IKEA Place. The app allows you to virtual decorate any room in your home. Here’s how IKEA says it works:
– Scan the floor with your smart phone
– Browse the list of products available
– Select a product that you want to place
– Point your iPhone or iPad at an open space in the room
– Drag and drop the product into the space you see fit
Upon installing the app, it’s pretty simple and straightforward to use, and does include localization for Canada. For those with picky partners when it comes to furniture shopping, this may help ease some stress before hitting up IKEA stores.
There are simple controls, allowing you to take a snapshot of your furniture placement for sharing, plus it’s fairly easy to add new items and manipulate on-screen:
Check out the video below:
Click here to download IKEA Place for iOS in the App Store—It’s free.