Montreal-based Transit for iOS has updated their popular app to now include real-time bus locations for the Société de transport de Montréal (STM), which operations bus and rapid transit services in the city.
Transit says “If you live in Montreal, tap the map on your line, then watch your bus approach. C’est tellement COOL.”
Below is a list of supported cities in Canada which Transit supports:
- Calgary (Calgary Transit*, car2go)
- Comox Valley
- Edmonton (Edmonton Transit*, St. Albert Transit, Strathcona County Transit, Pogo)
- Halifax (MetroTransit, CarShareHFX)
- Kamloops (BC Transit)
- Kelowna (BC Transit)
- Kingston (Kingston Transit)
- London (London Transit)
- Montréal (STM, RTL, STL*, AMT*, Ville de Sainte-Julie, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, CITs, Bixi, car2go, Auto-mobile, Communauto)
- Ottawa/Gatineau (OC Transpo*, STO VRTUCAR)
- Prince George
- Québec (RTC)
- Saskatoon (Saskatoon Transit*)
- Sherbrooke (STS)
- St. Catharines*
- Thunder Bay (Thunder Bay Transit*)
- Toronto (TTC*, GO Transit, YRT*, Guelph Transit, Hamilton Street Railway*, Grand River Transit, Brampton Transit, MiWay, Burlington Transit, Oakville Transit, Durham Region Transit, Toronto Bike Share)
- Vancouver (TransLink*, False Creek Ferries, car2go)
- * Uses real-time predictions and vehicle locations for some or all routes.
Today’s update also brings a new mode for shared electric scooters, support companies such as Bird, Spin and Waybots in four American cities (San Francisco; San Diego; Los Angeles; DC).
Click here to download Transit for iOS in the App Store—It’s free.