Today Apple seeded a new build of OS X 10.6.3, build 10D567. The last seed, build number 10D561, was just released on February 24, 2010.
According to reports, the current build focuses on Graphics Drivers, iChat, QuickTime, Printing and Rosetta. The build further includes:
- Compatibility issues with OpenGL-based applications
- Performance improvements for 64-bit Logic
- Changes to QuickTime X that increase reliability and improve compatibility and security
- Printing reliability and compatibility with third party printers
- Issues patched that prevented files from copying to Windows shares
- Issues patched with recurring events in iCal when connected to an Exchange server
- Issues patched that prevented files with the “#” or “&” symbols in their names from opening in Rosetta
Build 10D567 comes just over a week since the last release. As before, the builds of OS 10.6.3 seem to be releasing very close to each other, sometimes less than a week apart.
The Mac OS X 10.6.2 update was officially released on November 9, 2009. The first two builds of 10.6.3 were issued in January 2010 and the third through sixth builds were issued in February 2010. The seventh build was issued in March 2010.
Mac OS X 10.6.3 will mark the third main revision to the latest Apple operating system, Snow Leopard.