Today is Bell’s Let’s Talk Day, the company’s annual fundraiser towards Canadian mental health initiatives.
Each of the following actions will see Bell donate 5 cents towards Canadian mental health programs:
- Every text message, mobile call and long distance call made by Bell Canada and Bell Aliant customers
- Twitter: Every tweet using #BellLetsTalk – which now includes a Bell Let’s Talk hashtag emoji
- Facebook: Every view of the Bell Let’s Talk Day video on Facebook.com/BellLetsTalk
- Instagram: Every Instagram post using #BellLetsTalk
- Snapchat: Every use of the Bell Let’s Talk geofilter on Snapchat
For iPhone users, Bell says in order for text messages to register on their network, users will need to disable iMessage.
In 2016, there were 125,915,295 interactions on Bell Let’s Talk Day, resulting in $6,295,764.75 in funding for Canadian mental health programs by Bell. Those numbers should increase this year with the addition of social media networks Instagram and Snapchat.