Telus Launches New Promo Plans with Caller ID, Voicemail, Various Data Options
Telus has updated their Promotional Plans page with new plans that include Caller ID and Voicemail. We’ve summarized them for you. All plans include the following:
- Unlimited Nationwide Family Calling
- Unlimited 6PM evenings and weekends
- Unlimited SMS/MMS
- Unlimited My10 Nationwide
- 200 daytime minutes
- Caller ID/Voicemail
- Call waiting/3 way call
- First month free calling
Each plan varies on the data included. Here’s what makes each plan different, based on the fine print:
Promo Voice and Messaging 40
- Pay-per-use data: $5 for the first 5 MB and 25¢/MB thereafter. Data used while roaming in the US is charged at $5/MB. Data used while roaming outside Canada and the US may vary by zone. Data usage is subject to a monthly overage limit of 10 GB.
Promo Voice and Data Lite 50+
- up to 100 MB is $50
100 MB to 250 MB is $60
250 MB to 500 MB is $70
500 MB and over is $70 + 2¢/MB
- Additional usage will be charged at 2¢/MB. Cannot be combined with any other data plan. Tethering included. Not available on BlackBerry devices.
Promo Voice and Data 65+
- Up to 1 GB is $65
1 GB to 2 GB is $75
2 GB to 4 GB is $90
4 GB to 6 GB is $105
6 GB to 9 GB is $120
9 GB and over is $120 + 2¢/MB10
- Additional usage will be charged at 2¢/MB. Cannot be combined with any other data plan. Tethering included.
Extra details to note:
- A one-time activation fee of $35 applies to all accounts activated by phone or in-store. No fee when you activate online.
- Additional Long Distance Minute Rate (Canada to Canada; Canada to U.S.)7: 45¢
- Additional local minute rate: 45¢
That’s about it. It’s noted these plans cannot be combined with any other data plan, such as the 6GB/$30 data plan currently on promo. Anyone going to jump on these plans?