RBC has brought back its free iPad offer for 2021, again offering a free tablet from Apple if you open a select bank account and follow certain conditions.
“Get your 10.2” iPad by opening an eligible RBC bank account by December 20, 2021 and completing the qualifying criteria by February 28, 2021,” says RBC. This is the entry 2021 iPad Wi-Fi with 10.2-inch screen and 64GB of storage, worth $429 plus tax.
You’ll need to open either an RBC Signature No Limit Banking or RBC VIP Banking account, with monthly fees of $15.95 or $30, respectively.
Once the account is opened by December 20, 2021, you’ll need to set up and completely two of the following by February 28, 2022:
- Your payroll as a direct deposit
- Two pre-authorized monthly payments (PAPs)
- Two bill payments to a service provider
After the steps above are complete, RBC will email you shortly after with instructions on how to order your 10.2” Apple iPad Wi-Fi 64GB (9th Generation), in silver or space grey, which will be shipped to your home.
The fine print terms and conditions state an “Eligible Personal Client” for this offer is one who:
- By February 28, 2022 is a resident of Canada and of the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside. Residence is determined by the jurisdiction (province or territory) where a client has their primary tax filing obligation based on their regular place of residence;
- Does not have an existing Personal Banking Account with RBC; and
- Never had a Personal Banking Account nor qualified for any other RBC offer related to opening a Personal Banking Account at any time during the Promotional Period or in the five year period before the start of the Promotional Period;
- Has a valid deliverable email address associated to their client profile with us by December 20, 2021. (Note: It is your sole responsibility to keep your email address with us current by updating it in RBC Online Banking, contacting the RBC Royal Bank Advice Centre, or visiting an RBC Royal Bank Branch.
“If you received the Reward and then downgraded, changed or closed your Eligible Personal Banking Account or undid any of the Qualifying Criteria you performed to get the Reward, such as cancelled any payroll/pension deposit, pre-authorized payment, at any time before February 28, 2023, we reserve the right to debit your Eligible Personal Banking Account or any of your accounts with RBC for the value of the Reward,” says RBC.
Again, there is some work involved but if you were going to open a new RBC bank account anyways, this could be one way to get a free 2021 iPad.
RBC offered the same free iPad promo last year, but debuted it in September.