Apple is set to launch iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro pre-orders on Friday, October 16 at 5AM PDT/8AM EDT, available online at Apple.ca for Canadians.
iPhone pre-orders in the years past have been at midnight PDT/3AM EDT, but that changed last year when we saw order times moved to 5AM PDT/8AM EDT.
Here’s how to pre-order iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro in the fastest way possible. You should prepare before the Apple Store goes down later tonight, because when that happens, you won’t be able to edit payment details.
2. Once you’ve downloaded the Apple Store iOS app, set up your Primary Payment and Primary Shipping details. Just tap your profile in the upper right-hand corner.
3. Next, configure the iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Pro you want by selecting your colour choice and storage. Once that’s done, tap the “heart” icon in the upper right corner to favourite this configuration.
4. When the Apple Store goes back online, just tap the “For Your” tab along the bottom of the Apple Store iOS app, then tap the iPhone 12 you set up as a favourite. You’ll be able to add it to your Bag, then quickly check out with Apple Pay. That was easy.
To recap pricing for iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro:
iPhone 12 Pro
Given the situation with COVID-19, it’s unknown whether Apple will offer Reserve and Pick Up this year. If the option is available, Apple Stores should be able to deliver your order curbside and also allow for store pick ups where available.
Here are some other iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro pre-order tips:
- Have a backup iOS device ready or your Mac
- Disable Wi-Fi on iPhone and use LTE cellular data instead; keep your Mac or other device on Wi-Fi
- Set an alarm and a backup alarm (especially if you’re on PDT)
- Force quit the Apple Store app minutes before the pre-order time
- You’ll be going to bed on Thursday night and waking up Friday morning before 5AM PDT/8AM EDT
- Go configure the Apple Store iOS app now before it’s too late
Major wireless carriers will have iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro for pre-order tomorrow, which should be at the same time as Apple, based on previous years. You can also try your hand at wireless dealers such as Best Buy, as reserving at the latter in the past has turned out to be faster versus carriers themselves.
Just a reminder iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 Pro Max pre-orders don’t start until November 6, 2020.
What are you pre-ordering tonight? The new MagSafe wireless charger will also be available tomorrow.