Did you pick up an iPad Pro over the weekend? Some users are dealing with a bug where the giant tablet shuts off while charging, and then requires a hard reset to turn back on.
Here are some fixes that may work to address this shut off bug, after sifting through 11 pages of the Apple Support Communities thread:
- Try a different Lightning cable to charge the iPad Pro
- Enable AirPlane Mode before charging at night
- Disconnect the Lightning Cable before turning on your iPad Pro in the morning
- iOS 9.2 beta 3 appears to have fixed the issue for some users
- Restore from a backup within iTunes or iCloud
Apple surely is aware of this issue, so stay tuned for a fix for this. Right now, there’s no solid evidence alluding to either a software or hardware issue. Let us know if you’re running into this shut down issue with your iPad Pro.
PS – Maybe you’re charging it wrong 😉