Apple’s special event is set to kick off in under an hour at 10AM PDT/1PM EDT and will be live streamed to the web. You will be able to watch the even from your Apple TV, Mac or iOS device.
Here are some predictions for today’s special event based on rumours we’ve heard up until now and some of our own additions. Call it, special event ‘bingo’ if you will.
- Apple will share iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c launch stats and most likely show off a video of the launch
- CEO Tim Cook will share various stats such as iOS 7 adoption numbers and more (yadda yadda yadda)
- Phil Schiller will come on stage and announce updates to the MacBook Pro and add Intel’s Haswell processors and upgrade the cameras
- Mac mini, iMac will be updated to Haswell; Wildcard: Fusion Drive capacity updates, faster 802.11ac WiFi
- Mac Pro launch date will be announced with a price of…$2995-ish?
- OS X Mavericks will launch today or next week. Price: $19.95 (wildcard: $9.95 or just free)
- Updates to iWork, iLife on the Mac and iOS. GarageBand for iOS will be free
- Fifth generation iPad will launch, sport thinner design from iPad mini, plus gain the 64-bit A7X chip, improved cameras
- New iPad mini (2nd gen): Retina display, 64-bit A7 chip, improved cameras. Wildcard: A6 chip instead of A7
- Colours: Silver, Space Gray; capacities stay the same
- Availability: pre-orders this Friday, Oct. 25? Cellular versions two weeks later?
- Wildcard: gold option, Touch ID, new covers
- iPod touch, iPod nano updates?
- Apple TV hardware refresh with faster 802.11ac Wi-Fi, A7?
- iOS 7.0.3 update?