Intelliborn has just updated its popular tethering app MyWi with full support for upcoming iOS 5 firmware update. MyWi is a jailbreak app available in Cydia store which allows users to enable wireless tethering on any carrier and take full advantage of their mobile data plan by turning their iPhones into WiFi hotspots. MyWi 5.0 can be downloaded for a price of $19.99, though a 3-day trial is also available to let you to try before you buy.
Below is a list of features offered by MyWi 5.0:
- Create iPad or iPhone WiFi Hotspot to connect mutiple laptops or mobile devices to share your iPhone/iPad’s internet connection
- 40 bit and 104 bit WEP Security to prevent others from accessing your WiFi HotSpot
- Ability to enable USB and Bluetooth Tethering on your iPhone or iPad
- Broadcasts the Network Name (SSID) – no need to fuss with creating an adhoc network on your laptop
- Shows up and down bandwith usage for iPhone WiFi Tethering or iPhone USB Tethering
- Uses less battery and much faster then other tethering apps due to native routing
Please check your contract/carrier agreement regarding WiFi tethering other devices to your iPhone/iPad. Additional charges may apply.
Since iOS 5 is currently in developer’s beta, Intelliborn urges its users to provide feedback and bug reports either via email option using Cydia or by visiting their Support page. You can also reach out to the developers on Twitter as well @intellibornco.