If you’ve already got your hands on iOS 5 beta for your iOS device and have jailbroken it as well, this news is definitely for you. SBSettings, the most frequently used jailbreak tweak on Cydia is now fully iOS 5 compatible, well almost. The developer has just pushed a major update to SBSettings beta for iOS 5 which can be grabbed by adding the following repository to Cydia:
Once added, you can test the latest beta. According to the developer, the final release will be ready before iOS 5 official release on the 12th of this month. Here are the release notes:
I have a lot of big changes coming to SBSettings for iOS5. For those of you on iOS5 already that want to test it, I should be releasing daily beta updates for it.
Here are some features:
- Notification center integration
- Your choice of using the old style window or the notification center. Or both.
- You choose which toggles to appear in notification and window sections.
- Current sbsettings toggles should be supported. Current themes should work in notification area as well.
- You get to choose what will show up in notification section. More button row, no more button row, the extra text, no extra text, the dock, the toggles, no toggles at all, or any combination of. The notification area is a limited screen resources so it’s up to you to decide how you want it used.
Like any other beta release, this might have some stability issues as well as noted by the developer himself, though no major issues have been reported so far by beta testers. You can also send you feedback to the developer via email. If you run into issues or bugs, feel free to let him know!