Apple Shares Apple TV Tech Talk Videos on Building tvOS Apps
Apple hosted a series of Apple TV Tech Talks over the past few months, which gave developers the opportunity to learn how to create apps for the new fourth-generation Apple TV.
Hosted by “Apple experts,” the Tech Talks took place in a number of cities around the world, including Toronto, Los Angeles, Austin, Seattle, Cupertino, Berlin, London, New York, Tokyo, and Sydney.
Not all developers were able to attend as Apple distributed tickets via a lottery system, but as of today, the videos from the Tech Talks are available on Apple’s developer website. There are 11 Tech Talk sessions available, covering the following topics:
- Session 1: Kickoff
- Session 2: Designing for Apple TV
- Session 3: Focus-Driven Interfaces with UIKit
- Session 4: Siri Remote and Game Controllers
- Session 5: On-Demand Resources and Data Storage
- Session 6: Media Playback
- Session 7: Introduction to TVMLKit
- Session 8: Best Practices for Designing tvOS Apps
- Session 9: Tuning Your tvOS App
- Session 10: The Top Shelf
- Session 11: App Store Distribution and Marketing
All the videos are accompanied by developer resources and full transcripts of what was covered in the session. Anyone interested in watching the videos can do so on Apple’s developer website.