CBC News for iOS has been updated to take advantage of some of iOS 8’s new features. Users can now receive push alerts about breaking news directly in Notification Center.
The new feature eliminates the need to constantly launch the app to check the news. Here is a complete list of features included in the app:
– Optimized for iOS 8.
– Clean new design with a streamlined home screen. Gives you top national, international and local news stories and the best photo galleries and videos.
– Simply swipe up and down to browse stories, pull section headers up to skip entire sections.
– Visit the menu to get all the news sections you want, including politics, business, technology, the latest audio newscasts and sports. Customize your experience by dragging only the sections you want.
– Listen the the latest CBC News audio: World at Six, World Report and Hourly Edition.
– Get breaking news headlines delivered directly to the top of your home screen via the ticker
– Watch full-screen episodes of shows like The National, fifth estate and Marketplace
– Optimized for iPhone and iPad devices running iOS 8 and above.
The CBC News app has several new and enhanced features, following the major redesign in version 3.0. Now, you can customize your home screen and view only the sections you choose. Handoff lets you start reading on your iPad and pick up where you left off on-the-go with your iPhone (Note: Both your iPhone and iPad must support the Handoff feature). Navigation between stories and sections is improved with the option of either swiping up and down or left to right for a smooth experience.
CBC News is available as a free download from the App Store. The app requires a device running iOS 8 or later and has been optimized for the iPhone 5, 6, and 6 Plus.