Google has just announced a handful of new features to help make collaboration in Google Workspace more flexible and interactive. The company will be rolling out these 12 new features between now and the end of the year.
Google is introducing new smart chips feature in Docs for recommended files and meetings. To insert smart chips into your work, simply type “@” to see a list of recommended people, files and meetings.
The new pageless format in Docs lets you remove the boundaries of a page to create a surface that expands to whatever device or screen you’re using. To gauge the team’s reactions as they work together, Google is also introducing emoji reactions in Docs.
Other new Google Workspace features include the following:
- Inclusive language recommendations and other new assisted writing features
- Smarter meeting notes template in Docs
- Connected checklists in Docs
- Table templates in Docs
- Work in Meet directly from your Doc, Sheet or Slide
- Live captions and translations in Google Meet
- Timeline view in Sheets
- More assisted analysis functionality in Sheets
To learn more about all the new features, visit this link.