Share:

McDonald’s Canada Moves to Mobile Orders and More Due to COVID-19

Share:

My mcd s canada

Many restaurants and retail stores are closing their doors to limit the spread of the coronavirus pandemic. McDonald’s Canada announced today it will be temporarily closing all in-restaurant seating areas and instead switch to take out, Drive-Thru and McDelivery only, starting March 17, 2020.

A company spokesperson told iPhone in Canada the move is for “ensuring the health and well-being of our people and our guests remains our highest priority as Canada takes important steps to slow the spread of COVID-19.”

McDonald’s says it will take its guidance from Canadian health authorities as the COVID-19 situation evolves.

“We believe this temporary change is the right decision for our guests, our people and our communities, and we will continue to evaluate our operations as the situation evolves. We believe it is important to be there for Canadians during these unprecedented times,” added the spokesperson.



McDelivery options are available through Uber Eats and SkipTheDishes.

McDonald’s offers mobile orders through its smartphone apps on iOS and Android, which allow customers to place orders and pay ahead of time, to skip lines and touchscreen menus within restaurants. The MyMcD’s iOS app added Apple Pay support for iPhone customers last week, to easily and securely pay with their debit and credit cards.

Other chains such as Starbucks and Tim Hortons have also closed down seating areas (today), in efforts to cope with the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak.

Share: