Concept Imagines Modular Mac Pro and New Apple Cinema Display
The folks over at CURVED/Labs have come up with a brand new Mac Pro concept, based on speculations of an upcoming modular design that can accommodate high-end CPUs and GPUs. At the same time, they have also imagined a new 27-inch Apple cinema display, which is supposed to be an upgraded version of the currently offered 4K displays by LG.
“The Mac Pro has always been controversial: for some it simply was the “trash can” (due to its design), for others a powerful machine. At CURVED we have been producing our videos on the Mac Pro for many years. But ever since its release an update failed to materialize. That was three years ago.
Apple recently announced it would finally update the Mac Pro. There’s even talk of a modular design. So what might that look like? How would it work? Our new CURVED/labs focuses on those questions, borrowing from the predecessor and adding, among other novelties, swiveling casing components providing for easier access”.
The concept Mac Pro boasts the following specs:
- the side doors can swivel/rotate to open
- 2 x slots for full-size graphics cards
- slots for adding/exchanging hard disks/SSD drives
- a slot for replacing the processor
- slots for adding/replacing memory
- ventilation holes on the top to release hot air from the computer
- power on/off button on the front in form of a touch-ID button
- touch bar on the front, which can display information about internal components etc.
- microphone/headphone jacks on the front for easy access
- SD card on front
- connectors on the back: USB-C, USB, FireWire, LAN, HDMI
- unlock button on the back (looks similar to that on current MacPro), which will unlock the side ‘doors’ so that they can open
Check out some more images below and share your thoughts with us in the comments section.