Readdle Scanner Pro Goes Freemium, Introduces Major Redesign
Scanner Pro, Readdle’s powerful scanning app for iPhone & iPad, has just received its biggest update yet, introducing a redesigned experience, Text Vision to turn scans into texts, full-text search, and has also become a freemium product.
According to the developers, Scanner Pro’s completely redesigned experience makes scanning and organizing papers easier and faster. With the new Text Vision feature, it automatically recognizes the text of all your scans, so you can select, copy, and export it to other apps. Text Vision is powered by on-device OCR.
Scanner Pro now automatically turns all your scans into searchable PDFs. Additionally, the app has now become a free app with an optional premium upgrade.
Scanner Pro free users will enjoy:
• Best-in-class quality document scanning
• Ability to freely share documents (albeit with a Scanner Pro watermark)
• Sync between devices with iCloud
Scanner Pro Plus premium subscription ($19.99/year) adds:
• Watermark free scans
• Text Vision – on-device OCR in 26 languages
• Full-text search both in Scanner Pro and in shared PDFs
• Password protection for both the app and any shared PDF
• Automatic upload to cloud and workflows
Readdle emphasized to iPhone in Canada in an email, “Current Scanner Pro users retain all the features they had before and keep them for free forever. Plus, they get the new design, Text Vision, and full-text search for free.”
The update is now live on the App Store and can be downloaded at this link.