Sonos has unveiled its Roam SL ultra portable speaker today, which drops the mic and is $30 cheaper at $199 CAD, available for pre-order today in Canada. The regular Roam costs $229 CAD.
The Roam SL has all the features of the regular Roam, such as being waterproof and a 10+ hour battery life. But it lacks a mic so you don’t get Google Assistant or Amazon’s Alexa, plus the lack of mic means no Automatic Trueplay. It means you don’t have to worry about your privacy and smart assistants listening in.
Here are the top features of the Sonos Roam SL:
- Enjoy richly detailed sound with the clarity, depth, and fullness you’d expect from a larger speaker.
- Connect to the rest of your Sonos system at home on WiFi and automatically switch to Bluetooth when you’re away.
- Stereo pair Roam SL with a second Roam SL, or a Sonos Roam via WiFi.
- Keep exploring with up to 10 hours of continuous playback on a single charge and up to 10 days of battery life when in sleep mode. For even longer battery life, enable the Battery Saver setting so your speaker powers down completely when not in use.
- Roam SL is dust proof and fully waterproof with a rigorously tested IP67 rating.
- Tactile buttons help avoid accidental button presses while on-the-go.
- A triangular shape and soft profile make Roam SL comfortable to pick up and ensure it looks great inside your home.
- Place Roam SL vertically for a smaller footprint or horizontally to provide added stability on uneven surfaces outdoors.
In our review of the Sonos Roam, it impressed as a portable speaker for its size, and was able to power summer BBQs and beach days with ease. The battery life could be better, but you give some of that up for its ultra-portability.
Click here to pre-order the Sonos Roam SL—it launches on March 15, 2022.