Today, Uber hit 10 billion completed trips across both rides and deliveries. The 10 billionth trip happened last month and it comes about one year after the company hit their 5 billion trip milestone.
The company was able to hit the milestone even though they are facing countless struggles since its launch in 2010. Uber has faced criticism over its workplace culture and the behaviour of its former CEO Travis Kalanick.
The 10 billion trips happened in over 21 countries, including Canada, where Toronto and Montreal played a huge part in reaching milestone. One hungry Torontonian received a monumental order of Xinjiang noodles and a Montrealer whose Uber ride help rolled over the milestone marker. Uber has provided us with a number of fun facts about Uber’s 10 billion trips:
- Uber completed its 10,000,000,000th ride/delivery just after 3pm PT on Sunday, June 10
- The 10B trip happened 8 years and 10 days after our first trip
- Over half of all of Uber’s 10B trips happened in the last 13 months
- The 173 trips happened in 93 cities across 21 countries
- Longest 10B trip: 66 Kilometres to Denver Airport
- Shortest 10B trip: less than a one-Kilometre Uber Eats delivery
- 14 of the 173 trips were Uber Eats deliveries, including sushi in Orlando, burgers in Costa Rica, McDonald’s in Lisbon, Xinjiang noodles in Toronto, tacos in Detroit and more