watchOS 3.1 and tvOS 10.0.1 Download Released
It’s software update day today, as Apple has released iOS 10.1, while also releasing watchOS 3.1 and tvOS 10.0.1 for download.
Here’s what’s new in watchOS 3.1:
- Adds distance and average pace to workout summaries in the Activity app for outdoor wheelchair run pace and outdoor wheelchair walk pace
- Fixes issues that may have prevented Music playlists from syncing to Apple Watch
- Addresses an issue that was preventing invitations and data to appear in Activity Sharing
- Fixes an issue that was allowing Activity Sharing to update over mobile data when manually disabled
- Resolves an issue that caused some third-party apps to crash when inputting text
- New option to replay bubble and full screen effects in Messages
- Messages effects can play with Reduce Motion enabled
- Fixes an issue that could cause the notification for Timer complete to be delivered twice
- Resolves an issue that could prevent Apple Watch Series 2 from fully charging
- Resolves an issue where Activity rings may disappear from the watch face
- Fixes an issue that prevented Force Touch options from appearing in some third-party apps
As for tvOS 10.0.1, this update brings bug fixes and performance improvements, with no major features notable. Single sign-on is expected to come in a future update, which will allow users to sign into all their cable TV apps just once on Apple TV.
Both updates are available over-the-air. For Apple Watch users, launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and go to the My Watch tab, then General > Software Update.
For Apple TV 4 users, go to Settings > System > Software Updates > Update Software. Remember that tvOS is only available for Apple TV 4, as Apple TV 2 and Apple TV 3 devices are not compatible.