Toronto-based Wealthsimple has announced it is waiving all fees (transactions and gas fees) for those seeking to donate Bitcoin or Ethereum to Ukraine.
All you need to do is make a withdrawal from your BTC or ETH accounts to the following addresses and fees will be waived:
- Bitcoin: 357a3So9CbsNfBBgFYACGvxxS6tMaDoa1P
- Ethereum: 0x165CD37b4C644C2921454429E7F9358d18A45e14
Here are the steps to donate Bitcoin or Ethereum using the Wealthsimple Trade app:
- Sign into the Trade app on your mobile device
- Tap the Move tab at the bottom of the screen
- Select the Crypto tab at the top of the screen
- Select Withdraw crypto
- Choose Bitcoin or Ethereum
- Input the amount you’d like to withdraw
- Paste one of the wallet addresses above
- Select Preview transfer to review the details of the transfer
Wealthsimple says when you make a withdrawal to one of the Ukraine addresses above, the estimated transfer fees will show “N/A” on the confirmation page. If you’re not seeing this message, Wealthsimple says to update your app to the latest version.
“If you buy crypto using Wealthsimple and then withdraw it to the Ukraine addresses, we’ll retroactively reimburse your trading fees, proportional to the donation amount. You can expect the reimbursement to appear in your Crypto account within 5 – 10 business days,” says the company.
Click here to sign up for Wealthsimple Crypto and get $10 free when you deposit and trade your first $100. You can also sign up for Shakepay and get $30 free on your first $100 crypto purchase.
Disclosure: Wealthsimple and Shakepay are iPhone in Canada affiliate partners, allowing readers to support the site.