Today, Yahoo Canada has launched its newly redesigned homepage for its mobile and web users. The new intuitive and personal Yahoo experience gives users a consistent user interface across the desktop, mobile, and tablets.
Yahoo has redesigned its homepage to give users an experience that is optimized for everyday consumption making the simplest tasks, like browsing top stories or checking email, even easier. Claude Galipeau, Country Manager at Yahoo Canada, says:
“The new Yahoo experience – with its modern yet familiar design – makes it easier to discover the news and information that Canadians care about most. Creating a welcoming, intuitive place for everyday use is another step towards our commitment to inspire and entertain our users.”
Here is a list of what’s new in Yahoo’s latest redesign:
More Functional and Intuitive
– News feed with fresher content and a more robust feed of news articles
– The stream of news also allows users to filter stories by category, save and share articles
– Newly designed applications that highlight the latest information from Yahoo Weather, Finance, Flickr and more; customizable for each user
– Cleaner design that’s easy to navigate
– Quicker access to search, links to Yahoo Canada properties, and the popular Today Module
– More information in less space (surfacing headlines and summaries in an easy to read snapshot)
Below is an animated GIF which shows the history of Yahoo’s homepage designs starting from 1999.
Yahoo’s new experience is available now on Yahoo Canada and Yahoo Quebec. Over the coming weeks and months the homepage will continue to receive changes, new features, and improvements. Let us know in the comments below what your thoughts are on Yahoo’s new homepage.