Yamaha Brings AirPlay 2 Support to its AV Receivers and Wireless Speakers [List]
In an official press release, Yamaha has confirmed that beginning this month, 15 of its home audio products, including a sound bar, wireless speakers, and AV receivers, will receive Apple AirPlay 2 support following a firmware update. The update will also add eARC (enhanced audio return channel) functionality to 23 of its industry-leading AV receivers.
“With these firmware updates, we’re giving our customers more choices for how they enjoy their favourite music and audio content,” said Alex Sadeghian, director, Consumer Audio, Yamaha Corporation of America.
Additionally, over 70 Yamaha audio products will gain support for Actions on Google through an update to the Yamaha MusicCast app. Owners will be able to use their Google Home, Android or iOS devices with the Google Assistant app to control their Yamaha home theatre with voice commands, link rooms hands-free, adjust volumes and more.
The upcoming firmware update includes:
- Support for Apple AirPlay 2, adding the ability to stream Apple Music and other streaming services from your iPhone, iPad, HomePod and Mac to multiple Yamaha devices and other AirPlay 2-enabled speakers – simultaneously, perfectly in sync and throughout your home.
- Actions on Google
- Ability to use Spotify Connect with free Spotify accounts
- Qobuz streaming and download service
- Addition of eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel) feature to 2017 and 2018 AV receivers
AirPlay 2 support will be coming to the following Yamaha series/models:
- MusicCast 20 and MusicCast 50 wireless speakers
- MusicCast BAR 400 sound bar
- RX-Ax80 Series AV receivers
- RX-Vx85 Series AV receivers
- RX-S602 slimline AV receiver
- ATS-4080 sound bar
- TSR-7850 AV receiver
- CX-A5200 AV preamp/processor
- XDA-QS5400 MusicCast Multi-Room Streaming Amplifier