If you didn’t get a chance to download FlyCast, the mobile satellite radio app for your iPhone, then get on it! It’s just one of the coolest free apps out there in the App Store. Speaking of free apps, today we’re going to check out Air Sharing, a free store file application that lets you mount your iPhone or iPod Touch as a wireless drive on a PC/Mac/Linux computer. You’ll be able to drag and drop files and view them on the go too!
Air Sharing currently is the top free App in the App Store (also get Koi Pond if you haven’t already!). It’s only available free for a limited time, and after Sept.22 (free 2 weeks end on the 22nd) it will be $6.99. Let’s take a look at some of the features of Air Sharing and what it can do for you! According to Avatron, the company behind the app you’ll be able to…
- Mount your iPhone or iPod touch as a wireless drive on any Mac, Windows, or Linux computer.
- Drag-drop files between your iPhone or iPod touch and your computers.
- View documents in many common formats.
All you need to do is enable your WiFi connection, launch Air Sharing, and follow the simple instructions included to connect your iPhone to your computer. You’ll be able to drag and drop any file onto your iPhone and view them directly through Air Sharing. Here are the supported file formats:
- iWork (Pages, Numbers, and Keynote), full resolution if saved with preview
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), with limited support for XML formats
- Web Archive (web-page downloads packaged by Safari)
- Web page
- RTF (Rich Text Format)
- RTFD (TextEdit documents with embedded images)
- Plain text (many different file extensions), with Unicode support
- Movie (standard iPhone formats: H.264, MPEG-4, 3GPP, etc.)
- Audio (standard iPhone formats: MP3 VBR, AAC, Audible, Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV, CAF, etc.)
- Image (standard iPhone formats: GIF, PNG, JPG, TIFF, etc.)
This app is pretty cool because now you can take your files with you anywhere. There is the option to set a password and also a public access folder for guests. The app works across all platforms so that means Windows, Mac, Linux, and also any web browser. It’s like your iPhone is now a wireless USB thumb drive!
Check out the following gallery:
Just to reiterate, download Air Sharing now while you can because in exactly one week it won’t be free anymore! For those using Air Sharing at the moment, what are your thoughts on the app so far? I love it and it makes my iPhone just that much more useful (than it already is of course!).
**Looking for an iPhone 3G case? Go get an invisibleSHIELD, the strongest protection for your iPhone backed by a 30 day moneyback guarantee, lifetime replacement warranty, and FREE shipping! Use coupon code iphoneinca for 20% off your purchase! Order today!**
If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my RSS feed, so you won’t miss any updates! You can also subscribe via email and have daily updates sent to your Inbox! Want more? Find out what I’m doing right now! Follow me on Twitter!