Update 1: There’s an ‘easter egg’ within this app. Drag your finger down on the speedometer after testing is complete. Thanks Lijamez!
If you are a fan of testing your 3G network speeds from the ‘Big 3’ carriers, then you’ll be happy to know that Speedtest.net has just been updated.
The new update brings the following changes:
What’s New In Version 2.0.1
Completely revamped user interface
– Takes full advantage of iPhone 4 Retina display
– Also tuned for previous generation devices
Real-time graphs for download and upload tests
– See throughput consistency over test duration
– Identify drops in connection quality
Improved testing engine performance
– Most noticeable on older hardware
The new revamped interface is pretty nice, and the new real-time graphs are a nice touch. Here are my 3G test results from my iPhone 4 in Vancouver on Rogers:
What are your current 3G download speeds? Let us know by copying the following and completing in the comments!
Thanks to Daniel for the heads up!