Apple Music Launches for Tesla Vehicles with Holiday Software Update
Last month, it was reported that Apple Music will soon be coming to Tesla vehicles and now, it has finally arrived with the holiday software update.
— James Locke (@arctechinc)
To access Apple Music in your Tesla vehicle, simply tap the Apple Music icon in the Application Launcher, scan the QR code with your mobile device, and log in with your Apple ID.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk has been outspoken about Apple’s App Store and its 30% commission as being unfairly high. The introduction of Apple Music in Tesla vehicles marks a new partnership between Apple and Tesla.
Tesla’s holiday software update 2022 also includes the following new features:
- myQ Connected Garage: Monitor and control your garage door remotely using your vehicle’s touchscreen. To set up, tap Controls > Locks > my Connected Garage > Link Account, and follow the instructions.
- Auto Turn Signals: Turn signals can automatically deactivate upon completing a lane change, fork, or merge. Tap Controls > Lights > Auto Turn Signals.
- Dog Mode Improvements: View the interior camera from the mobile app while using Dog Mode or Sentry Mode. To enable Live Camera, tap Controls > Safety > View Live Camera via Mobile App.
- Mahjong Improvements: The relaxing tile match game has been elevated with a clean, modern design, smooth animations, and calming sounds.
- Confirm Phone Call Transfer: Active phone calls from a mobile device connected to the vehicle via Bluetooth will now request confirmation before transferring audio to the vehicle.
- Contact Lookup: It is now possible to lookup phone contacts.
- Media Controls: Media controls are closer to the driver for easy access. Swipe up to access ‘Recents & Favorites” and ‘Sources’. Swipe left or right to also access trips and tire pressure information.
- Emissions Testing Mode via Mobile App: Emissions Testing Mode can now be used from the Mobile App. Long press any quick controls icon from the home screen and drag the ‘Fart’ icon to the top row.
- Always Rainbows: Allow your driving visualization to show Rainbow Road when Autopilot is active. To enable, tap the Application Launcher > Toybox > Rainbow Road > Always Rainbows.
- Scheduled Light Show: Schedule the Light Show for up to 10 minutes in advance or watch a multi-car orchestra by setting them to start simultaneously. Celebrate New Year’s with the Auld Lang Syne show or create longer custom shows.
- Climate Control Fan Speed: Adjust fan speed intensity while remaining in AUTO climate by selecting between ‘LO’, ‘MED*, and ‘HI’ from the fan intensity selector on the climate control popup.
Let us know which of these new Tesla features and improvements you like the most in the comments section below.