More TELUS-powered Wi-Fi locations have been added in Vancouver, as part of the city’s free public Wi-Fi program. The following 15 locations now have free Wi-Fi, as part of an expansion of sites over the past two months:
- Creekside Community Recreation Centre
- VanDusen Botanical Garden
- The Gathering Place
- Kerrisdale Cyclone Taylor Arena
- Trout Lake Community Centre
- Maple Grove Pool
- McCleery Golf Course
- Evelyne Saller Centre
- Douglas Park Community Centre
- Kerrisdale Community Centre
- West End Community Centre
- Vancouver Aquatic Centre
- Killarney Community Centre
- Heather Marina
- Sunset Community Centre
Below is a map of the #VanWiFi Site Status:
Here are the instructions on connecting to a Vancouver Wi-Fi hotspot:
To connect to #VanWiFi at these locations:
1. Select the #VanWiFi network name from your device’s Wi-Fi settings menu
2. Open your browser and you will be automatically re-directed to the #Wi-Fi terms and conditions page. Read and then click the button to accept the terms and conditions.
3. You will be re-directed to the #VanWiFi home page and are then connected to the internet.
The city says in the coming months, service will expand to an additional 22 sites, joining the locations above, plus existing hotspots launched earlier this year at the Mount Pleasant, Champlain Heights, Coal Harbour, and Roundhouse community centres, plus clubhouses at Langara and Fraserview golf course. A total of 43 civic locations will gain free Wi-Fi, as part of a contract awarded to TELUS, at no cost to the city, earlier this year.