BBM For iOS & Android Rumoured To Release On Sept. 20th
Blackberry’s long overdue BBM app for iOS, that was offered to select beta testers last month and was reportedly submitted to Apple for approval a few weeks ago, is now rumoured to release at a BlackBerry event scheduled for Sept. 20th in Jakarta, Indonesia (via CrackBerry). An apparently official invite to the “BBM For Everyone” event is shown below.
Furthermore, CrackBerry has received a number of emails from reliable sources that suggest the date is indeed correct. Here’s how it’s all going to go down by order of launch timing:
- Friday, Sept 20th, 7am EST: Android version published on Google Play
- Friday, Sept 20th, 7am EST: BBM.com goes live
- Friday, Sept 20th, 7am EST: CRM messages sent out to pre-registrants
- Friday, Sept 20th, 7am EST: Follow-up CRM message sent out after full App Store deployment
- Saturday, Sept 21st: BBM on iOS becomes available 12:01am EST in local time zones
Head of the BlackBerry Software Portfolio Vivek Bhardwaj has previously announced that the BBM app will only work on iPhones running iOS 6 or higher, while not ruling out a potential BBM iPad app in the near future.