Fido Launches $39 Standard Plan: 400 Canada-Wide Minutes, 5PM Evenings, 400MB Data [u]
Fido has launched a $39 Standard Plan which includes the following:
- Unlimited SMS/MMS to Canada/USA/International
- Unlimited 5PM Canada-wide evenings and weekends
- 400 Canada-wide daytime minutes
- 400MB of data ($5/250MB overages)
- Call display, voicemail (3 messages, 3 days, 3 minutes in length), call waiting, conference call
If you bring your own device, you can get 10% off this plan, making it $35.10 per month. Subsidized iPhone plans aren’t available with this plan. RedFlagDeals mentions if you add this plan as a second line to an existing account, you can get an additional 10% off the plan, which brings it down to $31.60 ($35.10-$3.50).
Back in May, Fido had a $39 Smart Plan which offered the same features but had 450 daytime minutes and 600MB data. This plan was originally $40 with only 150 daytime minutes and 200MB data.
Let us know if you’re going to jump on this!
Update: We have just confirmed you can stack the 10% BYOD discount on top of the 10% for adding a new line. I just managed to add a second line to our Fido account with this plan for $31.60/month. The rep on the phone even gave a $10 credit for the SIM card.