Help Fund the iOS 7 Jailbreak Device Freedom Prize
It’s been months since the release of iOS 7 and it has not yet been jailbroken. In order to speed things up a little bit, a crowdfunded reward “Device Freedom Prize”, for the first open source iOS 7 jailbreak has been established by a group at a website titled “Is iOS 7 jailbroken yet?”.
“We strongly believe that users should have the freedom to control their devices,” the group says. “We want an open source jailbreak for iOS 7, giving users the capability to install what they want on their own devices and the ability to audit the code they’re using to do so.” Below is the criteria for claiming the jailbreak prize.
The jailbreak must:
- Work for iPhones (including 4S, 5, 5c, 5s) running iOS 7.
- Support the latest current version of iOS (7.04).
- Be untethered and accessible to the average user.
- Be publicly released and available free of charge.
- Be released under one of the OSI-approved licenses.
Currently, the prize amount is just over $2000, but is growing steadily. You can also make a contribution at this link.