WhatsApp Gets iOS 7 Design, New Broadcast Lists, and More
Earlier this month we shared images of what popular cross-platform chat app WhatsApp would look like in its new iOS 7 user interface. The update has just been released and those images have turned out to be true. Along with the new interface, there’s a new updated icon as well. It’s not a groundbreaking change by any means, but rather bringing the old version up to date with iOS 7.
New features include broadcast lists, which will let you send out messages to mass numbers of people, better location sharing, larger thumbnails, new alert sound options for messages, text sizes use iOS 7 system settings and a better way to manage blocked contacts.
What’s New in Version 2.11.5
– new iOS 7 User Interface
– broadcast lists: communicate with your classmates, work colleagues or just friends by messaging many people at once.
– improved share location: 3D map view, hide places, search places
– large thumbs: see more
– new notification alerts and sounds: WhatsApp Settings > Notifications > New Message.
– application will now use your device text size as configured in iOS Settings > General > Text Size
– new improved User Interface for managing your blocked contacts: WhatsApp Settings > Chat Settings > Blocked
– crop image before sending
WhatsApp announced last month it had over 350 million monthly active users worldwide.
Click here to download WhatsApp for iOS 7. It’s free for a year but after that, the service will cost you $1 per year.