Share:

Three Supplier Will Share Apple’s Module Orders for iPhone 12’s Camera

Share:

Three suppliers have reportedly been given the module orders by Apple to assist in developing the iPhone 12’s camera. LG Innotek, Sharp and O-film Tech will be sharing the order for the upcoming smartphone, expected to release later in 2020.

By popular belief, Apple is planning to release four OLED iPhones this year. One of which is rumoured to be 5.4-inches, two being 6.1-inch models, and one 6.7-inch handset. The latter is expected to become Apple’s higher-end iPhones with a triple-lense camera array. The 5.4-inch and one of the 6.1-inch devices are expected to be on the lower end with only a dual-camera setup.

According to Digitimes, LG Innotek has received the camera module order for the higher-end 6.7-inch and 6.1-inch devices. Sharp and O-Film Tech will split the module orders for the remaining two devices. LG Innotek is expecting to reach 35-40 million units in 2020.

Sharp and O-Film Tech, on the other hand, is expected to ship 50-55 million. Sharp will reportedly be handling roughly 70 percent of the order with O-Film Tech completing the remaining 30 percent.

Production is expected to begin in July. Mass production of the iPhone 12 was pushed back a month due to disruptions made by the global crisis. It’s still anyone’s guess when the iPhone 12 will launch.

Seeing as though production was delayed, a staggered release of the models could very well be a possibility. Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo believes that Apple’s higher-end models could face a delay.

Share: