Blackberry’s long overdue BBM app for iOS, that was offered to select beta testers last month and was reportedly submitted to Apple for approval a few weeks ago, is now rumoured to release at a BlackBerry event scheduled for Sept. 20th in Jakarta, Indonesia (via CrackBerry). An apparently official invite to the “BBM For Everyone” event is shown below.
Furthermore, CrackBerry has received a number of emails from reliable sources that suggest the date is indeed correct. Here’s how it’s all going to go down by order of launch timing:
- Friday, Sept 20th, 7am EST: Android version published on Google Play
- Friday, Sept 20th, 7am EST: BBM.com goes live
- Friday, Sept 20th, 7am EST: CRM messages sent out to pre-registrants
- Friday, Sept 20th, 7am EST: Follow-up CRM message sent out after full App Store deployment
- Saturday, Sept 21st: BBM on iOS becomes available 12:01am EST in local time zones
Head of the BlackBerry Software Portfolio Vivek Bhardwaj has previously announced that the BBM app will only work on iPhones running iOS 6 or higher, while not ruling out a potential BBM iPad app in the near future.