More lower-cost data-only plans are rolling out from flanker and prepaid brands of wireless incumbents Rogers, Telus and Bell.
The Big 3 were mandated by the CRTC last year to offer lower-cost data-only plans for Canadian consumers. Now we’re finally seeing them made available for purchase, with plans exactly as the carriers previously proposed (the plans have been blasted as a “joke” by industry critics).
Virgin, Koodo and Public Mobile have posted their data-only monthly plans online, so let’s take a look at them below…
Virgin Mobile (Bell)
- $28/1GB LTE data (available for prepaid/postpaid)
- $30/1GB LTE data (postpaid); not available for tablets
- 0 minutes; $0.60/minute outgoing calls; unlimited incoming minutes
- $0.60 per SMS/MMS; unlimited incoming messaging
- $10/100MB data overages
Public Mobile (Telus)
- $30/1GB LTE data (prepaid)
If you missed it, chatr (Rogers) and Lucky Mobile (Bell) posted their lower-cost data-only plans online earlier this week.
Will you be signing up for any of these data-only plans?