It’s the eve of iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 mini and HomePod pre-orders, set to start at 5AM PDT/8AM EDT on Friday, November 6, 2020.
Here’s a quick guide to explain the fastest and easiest way to pre-order your new iPhone 12 Pro Max or iPhone 12 mini tomorrow morning—it’s essentially similar to this guide we made for iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro.
You should prepare for tomorrow morning’s pre-order tonight, as once the online Apple Store goes down, you won’t be able to change your payment details.
How to Pre-Order iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 mini in Canada
- Download the Apple Store iOS app. This has been the fastest way to place an order versus Apple.ca.
- Launch the Apple Store app and set up your Primary Payment and Primary Shipping details. Just tap your profile in the upper right-hand corner.
- You also want to make sure the credit card you’re paying with is set up with Apple Pay on your existing iPhone (Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay)
- Browse the Apple Store iOS app and configure the iPhone you want, then tap the ‘heart’ icon in the top right to save it to ‘Favourites’.
5. When the Apple Store goes online at 5AM PDT/8AM EDT, launch the Apple Store iOS app, tap the ‘For You’ tab, then scroll down to Favourites. Here, you’ll see the configuration you set up prior, then just add it to your bag and check out with Apple Pay.
Other iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 mini pre-order tips:
- Have a backup iOS device ready or your Mac
- Disable Wi-Fi on iPhone and use LTE cellular data instead; keep your Mac or another device on Wi-Fi
- Set an alarm and a backup alarm (especially if you’re on PDT)
- Force quit the Apple Store app minutes before the pre-order time
- You’ll be going to bed on Thursday night and waking up Friday morning before 5AM PDT/8AM EDT
- Go configure the Apple Store iOS app now before it’s too late
Reserve and Pick Up will most likely return again, as it was available for iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro. This option allows you to reserve the phone you want, then pick it up at an Apple Store, at a time of your choosing.
Here’s iPhone 12 Pro Max pricing in Canada:
- 128GB – $1549 CAD (was $1519 for 64GB 11 Pro Max)
- 256GB – $1689 CAD (-$40 vs iPhone 11 Pro Max)
- 512GB – $1959 CAD (-$40 vs iPhone 11 Pro Max)
Here’s iPhone 12 mini pricing in Canada:
Apple’s HomePod mini is priced at $129 CAD. Pre-orders start tomorrow at 5AM/8AM EDT as well and the smart speaker will launch on November 16.
As for iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 mini, Canada’s major wireless carriers will have pre-orders on Friday as well.
What are you pre-ordering tomorrow? Click here to see the first hands-on impressions with iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 mini.