Reviews of Apple’s new iPad Air hit the web this evening. Here’s a quick roundup of reviews you should read if you’re considering the iPad Air. So far, reviews have emphasized (as expected) the tablet’s lighter form factor, battery life and speed improvements as reasons for upgrading to this new device:
- AnandTech – Anand Lal Shimp
- A Note from Pogue – David Pogue (former NYT)
- Techpinions – Ben Bajarin
- The Loop – Jim Dalrymple
- Fox News – Clayton Morris
- USA Today – Ed Baig
- Technologizer (TIME) – Harry McCracken
- Mashable – Lance Ulanoff
- All Things D – Walt Mossberg
- Engadget – Brad Molen
- TechCrunch – Darrell Etherington
- The Telegraph – Matt Warman
- Slash Gear – Vincent Nguyen
- Bloomberg – Rich Jaroslovsky
- The New York Times – Damon Darlin
- CNET – Tim Stevens
- Daring Fireball – John Gruber (new)
These reviews ought to keep you busy until Friday, November 1, when the iPad Air launches, with online orders expected to take place at 12:01AM PDT, while retail stores will open at 8AM.
Rogers, Telus and Bell will offer LTE models on launch day, while resellers such as Future Shop, Best Buy, Staples, etc. will also offer the device.
Are you buying the iPad Air this Friday? What model are you going to get? We will be picking up a 16GB WiFi model, but can’t decide on the colour yet (we’re upgrading from an iPad 3). Should we stick with white, or go Space Gray?