Apple Claims Credit for Over Half of a Million Jobs in the US
With all the recent attention Foxconn has been receiving, regarding their production of Apple products, Apple has posted a new page on their website highlighting the amount of jobs they have created in the US, with over 200,000 on those in the iOS division.
Apple has even broken this down, to show in what fields these jobs have been created, and adding that they have created and/or supported jobs in 50 states. Over 300,000 in creating and transporting the products, full time jobs in 50 states selling the products, and over 200,000 developing apps for the products.
Apple has further broken it down like this:
304,000 current U.S. jobs supported by Apple:
- 47,000 jobs at Apple
- 257,000 jobs at other companies, in fields that include:
- the development and manufacturing of components, materials, and equipment
- professional, scientific, and technical services
- consumer sales
- business sales
- 210,000 iOS app economy jobs in the U.S.
- 248,000 registered iOS developers in the U.S.
- 5000+ iOS developer jobs available now on job search aggregator Indeed.com
- $4 billion paid to Apple developers from App Store sales
- 70,000 employees worldwide
- 47,000 in the U.S., two-thirds of worldwide headcount
- 7800 U.S. jobs created in 2011
- 19,500 U.S. jobs added since 2008
- 7000 construction jobs projected to build Apple’s new Cupertino campus
- 50 states with full-time Apple employees
- 27,350 U.S. retail employees
- 246 U.S. stores in 44 states
- 100+ locally hired employees per store on average
- 4000 retail employees in the Greater New York area
- 3500 U.S. retail employees who have worked at Apple stores for more than five years
- 20,000 construction-related jobs created to build Apple stores in the U.S. since 2001
- 7700 U.S.-based AppleCare Advisors
- 21 U.S. call centers in 15 states
- 2000 home-based AppleCare Advisors
- 600 advisors working for Apple while earning their college degrees