The job description says the role will entail working with Apple’s engineering and design teams to pinpoint key areas of focus for Apple’s existing range of products, as well as the definition and development of new product concepts.
The hired individual will play a central role in shaping Apple’s health products moving forward and coming up with new strategies for Apple to strengthen its foothold in the health hardware segment.
Apple has already highlighted preventative healthcare as one of its major areas of focus moving forward, and healthcare professionals will prove integral to the tech giant’s endeavours.
Apple has been on quite the hiring spree for its health division as of late, recently bringing on new senior counsel for health products and also going after clinical research resources as the company gears up for an even deeper foray into the health space.
Here are some of the key qualifications Apple has outlined for this new position:
- MD with deep expertise in cardiology
- Previous Health Product and Technology experience required, preferably regulated medical products and/or digital health products.
- Preference for experience in clinical development process for regulated health products, including pivotal clinical studies.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, ability to work interpersonally with a wide range of team members and experts
- Board Certified in General Cardiology with Active US Medical License