The latest hardware update to Apple’s TV streaming box may look the same as the version released a couple of years ago but it’s been upgraded massively inside.
According to the The Verge‘s editor-in-chief Nilay Patel, the Apple TV 4K is “by far the closest thing to being a fully realized vision for the future of TV that exists,” but for now it has some limitations that hold it back.
Today, numerous websites across the net published their reviews of the 4K-enabled streaming box, so here’s quick roundup.
- The Verge – Apple TV 4K Review: So Close, So Far (7.5/10 Score)
- Edgadget – Apple TV 4K hands-on: Finally, no compromises
- AppleInsider – Apple TV 4K impressions positive, depending on how bought-in users are to iTunes
- Mashable – Apple TV 4K review: Better where it counts, but still too much money
- Time – Review: The New Apple TV Is a High Fidelity Powerhouse
- BuzzFeed – The Apple TV 4K Is The Apple TV Nobody Needs (Yet)
- TechRadar – Apple TV 4K review
- CNET – Apple TV 4K review: Premium-grade 4K HDR streaming for a high price
- USA Today – Apple TV takes on 4K streaming: spiffy catch-up to Amazon, Roku
- Independent – Apple TV 4K review: It’s what’s on the inside that counts
- Cult of Mac – Apple TV 4K reviews: A super-sharp step in the right direction
- 9to5Mac – Apple TV 4K reviews: The best streaming TV box available, but not for everyone
- AppAdvice – Ahead of Official Launch, First Apple TV 4K Reviews are Here
We will continue to update this thread as more and more reviews are published. As of now, it seems as if the new Apple TV 4K, while quite impressive in its capabilities, comes in at too high a price point to make it worth it at this point.