In an effort to promote the revamped Apple Books app in iOS 12, Apple has released 6 free to download audiobooks read by celebrity narraters, including Kelsey Grammer and Kate Beckinsale.
The titles dubbed “Great Free Listens” are all public domain works and range from four to twelve hours in length with one being a retelling of Winnie the Pooh recorded by Disney. Here’s how Apple describes them:
“Looking for a way to fit reading into your life? Audiobooks are the perfect way to get into a story while you’re on the go. We’ve enlisted celebrity readers like Kate Beckinsale, Kelsey Grammer, and Tituss Burgess to record classics like Pride and Prejudice, The Time Machine, and The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. Their brilliant readings are only available on Apple Books.”
The Secret Garden. Frankenstein. The Time Machine. Pride & Prejudice. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
All-time classics, narrated by very special guests. Get the full collection of these Great First Listens for free. Only on Apple Books.https://t.co/NHkoxh67ej pic.twitter.com/Qmimh9Rvzk
— Apple Books (@AppleBooks)
Below are the 6 titles:
- Pride and Prejudice, narrated by Kate Beckinsale
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, narrated by Tituss Burgess
- The Secret Garden, narrated by Karen Gillan
- The Time Machine, narrated by Kelsey Grammer
- Frankenstein, narrated by Aaron Mahnke of the Lore podcast
- Winnie the Pooh, narrated by Disney Book Group
You can access these titles on your iOS device using this link.