Hyundai Canada last fall introduced its Apple CarPlay and Android Auto upgrade program to Canada, which let customers with older models upgrade their car’s software to install CarPlay on their own.
The program appears to have added some more models, as iPhone in Canada reader Petko says he was finally able to get an upgrade for his 2016 Sonata Hybrid.
Here are the models listed as eligible for a free CarPlay upgrade:
- 2017 Elantra (With 7-inch touchscreen without navigation and 8-inch navigation)
- 2016 Elantra GT (With navigation system)
- 2016 Sonata (With navigation system)
- 2016 Sonata Hybrid (With navigation system)
- 2016 Sonata Plug-in Hybrid (With navigation system)
- 2017 Sonata Plug-in Hybrid (With navigation system)
- 2016 Genesis (3.8L Premium / 3.8L Luxury / 3.8L Technology)
- 2016 Tucson (With navigation system)
- 2017 Santa Fe XL (With navigation system)
While most of you may have already performed an upgrade to your older Hyundai for CarPlay, some drivers out there may not know about this upgrade program, which originally launched in the U.S. in 2016.
Yesterday, Hyundai announced the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe and Tucson at the New York International Auto Show, with both models supporting Apple CarPlay.