Hyundai has today announced it is going to unveil its all-new Display Audio infotainment system at next month’s Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2015, with support for Apple’s CarPlay and Android Auto, which will be offered in select 2016 models. The new in-dash system will also feature the next generation Blue Link system with Connected Care, a suite of safety and car care features and remote engine start with climate control.
According to Hyundai, iPhone owners will be able to use Apple CarPlay to take the familiar features from their iPhones and put them right on the touch-screen display while driving. Similarly, Android Auto support will bring the Android experience into select Hyundai models by projecting apps and services into the Display Audio system. The new system will also incorporate Hyundai’s multi-use home screen, HD Radio capability and mixed AM, FM and SiriusXM presets.
Additional Display Audio infotainment system features include:
- Integration with Apple’s Siri-powered “Eyes Free” mode
- Functionality allows owners of compatible vehicles to use the voice command button on the steering wheel to ask Siri questions without taking their eyes off the road
- Siri Eyes Free supports making calls, selecting and playing music, composing and reading back test messages, using Maps and getting directions, reading notifications, finding calendar information, adding reminders, among other functions
- Integration with Google’s voice actions and predictive Google Now functionality
- Pandora integration with smartphone
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio with enhanced features
- SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link
- Traffic flow data in major markets, 24/7 traffic incidents and alerts
- Sports scores and schedules, stock ticker, movie times, fuel prices and weather/alerts
- Advanced voice recognition
- Swipe technology
- Music, video and picture storage
- New home screen with multiple functions
- Functionality brings drivers relevant information like local weather, upcoming appointments and current traffic conditions
- Pause, back and play for current station
- Automatic recording of top six presets
To find out more, hit up this link.