Leaker Reveals Details of iPhone 13, Apple Watch Series 7, AirPods 3
Just ahead of Apple’s ‘California Streaming’ special event next week, where the company is expected to unveil its new ‘iPhone 13’ flagship smartphone lineup, as well as the Apple Watch Series 7 and AirPods 3, leaker Max Weinbach has shared some interesting new details in a series of Tweets.
Contrary to recent reports, Weinbach says a price hike across the ‘iPhone 13’ lineup will not be happening. The overall device weight and thickness will however increase compared to last year’s models. “This will be especially noticeable on the Pro Max variant, as you’d expect,” he notes.
The Pro Max variant will continue to be “the true flagship smartphone from Apple,” differentiating itself from the standard Pro model,” Weinbach adds. “We expect the iPhone mini variant to offer an additional ~1 hour of battery life.”
Other tidbits shared by the leaker include the following:
- The Pro Max models will see a 18-20% larger battery, compared to last years model.
- Both 6.1″ iPhones will again use the same battery component, while an increase in capacity of around 10% can be expected. Although the Pro might perform slightly worse due to the presence of 120hz
- The Displays on the Pro Series will throttle to a 60hz refresh rate when Low Power Mode is enabled. This cannot be changed.
- All sensors across the board now receive at least 15% more light, while the Ultra Wide sees the biggest change with up to 40% more light.
- Portrait “Cinematic” Video employs our previously leaked EIS system known as “Warp”.
- Cinematic Video will also attempt to keep a subject close to the center of the frame, while also ensuring that it does not come off as unnatural.
AirPods 3 case should receive around ~20% larger battery, compared to the 2nd Gen. Wireless Charging is a standard feature.
- Apple Watch Series 7 is bound to see its first real battery life improvement since the original Apple Watch.
Apple will live stream the special event next week at 10am PDT/1pm EDT.