To obtain the top ten list of the most influential executives in the technology space, Juniper assessed a handful of key criteria such as vision, innovation, and personal capital. While the top position was taken by Microsoft’s Satya Nadella, Juniper argued that Jony Ive’s design for the recently released Apple Watch is the benchmark for the wearables category going forward.
“The guidelines for Apple Watch app development imply a very distinct vision from Ive and others about how a smartwatch should be used, more completely than the competition has articulated at present,” says Juniper.
In third place we find Min-Liang Tan, Co-Founder and CEO of gaming company Razer. The market research firm says that while serving as CEO, Tan is also one of the creative directors, so this gives him a large amount of control over company direction.
TOP 10 TECHNOLOGY LEADERS, INFLUENCERS AND VISIONARIES 2015:
1. Satya Nadella – Microsoft CEO
2. Jony Ive – Apple SVP Design
3. Min-Liang Tan – Razer Co-Founder & CEO
4. Travis Kalanick – Uber CEO
5. Reed Hastings – Netflix Co-Founder & CEO
6. Jack Ma – Alibaba Founder & Chairman
7. Paul Eremenko – Google ATAP Director
8. Jeff Bezos – Amazon Founder & CEO
9. Elon Musk – Tesla Chairman & CEO
10. Lei Jun – Xiaomi CEO